AS9100:2016 – Aviation, Space and Defense
Quality Management Systems
The most recent version of the AS9100 standard was released in September, 2016. It is based on the changes included in the ISO 9001:2015 standard. The latest version is sometimes referred to as AS9100D and is designed specifically for Aviation, Space and Defense Manufacturers. There are 105 additional requirements such as configuration management, risk management, project management, critical items, special requirements and supplier scope of approval. Seventy-five (75%) percent of the AS9100D standard is made up of ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
Benefits of AS9100 Certification
Whether you are seeking AS9100 certification for the first time or need to transition from AS9100C to AS9100D, Core Business Solutions is here to assist you in the process. The benefits off implementing and managing your QMS in accordance with the AS9100D standard are:
- Producing and continually improving safe and reliable products
- Meeting or exceeding customer and regulatory requirements to ensure satisfaction
- Ensuring processes necessary to conducting day-to-day business are defined and managed
- Documentation that accurately reflects the work being performed and actions taken
- Focusing on the complete supply chain and stakeholders
- Fewer customer unique documents
- Recognition by Regulatory Authorities
- Greater business opportunities, greater customer satisfaction, and business growth
Consulting Support for AS9100
Core Business Solutions has qualified AS9100 consultants ready to help you achieve certification. Support for the AS9100 standard is available through all of our Online and Onsite Consulting Programs. We also provide consulting support for companies seeking multiple certifications (such as ISO 14001 and ISO 45001) through an Integrated Management System.
Our consultants translate the technical language of the standard into Plain English and make it as simple and effective for your organization as possible. Implemented properly, AS9100 gives you a continual return on your investment.
For more information about ISO certification for the AS9100 standard, please call our consulting office at 866-354-0300, or email email@example.com.
- See ISO 9001 for quality management systems
- See AS9120 for aerospace distributors
- See ISO 14001 for environmental management systems
- See ISO 45001 for health and safety management systems
For more information on the AS9100 standard, please visit our articles page.
If you would like any additional information about our ISO certification consulting programs, or would like a quote for any of these options, please give us a call or send a quick email. We’re also glad to answer any ISO questions you may have.
Office hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern Time